Our Firm has advised a number of local and international companies on transactions involving the production and supply of energy and other natural resources.
In particular, we have relevant expertise in advising on renewable energy projects - including solar energy. The Firm has developed an excellent working relationship with the regulatory authorities with oversight in the sector including the Energy Commission.
- Advising a leading international company in respect of a 400MW Photovoltaic Power Plant. Assistance included advising on the establishment, licensing and regulatory requirements for the establishment and operation of the project.
- Providing advice in respect of the regulatory requirements and legal aspects of financing for a 120 MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine power plant.
- Acting for a major Ghanaian company and its foreign investors in a transaction involving the desalination of sea-water for public consumption.
- Advisory services to Halliburton, Brown and Root in respect of the Bui Hydroelectric Plant project.
- Advising a leading South African bank in respect of its proposed project involving a re-gasification terminal in Tema.