We have been recognized by IFLR1000 for our work and leadership in this area (International Legal Markets IFLR 1000, 2020 - Tier 1 in Banking). Our transactions include corporate finance, project finance, trade and commodity finance, syndicated lending and other payment and cash management transactions. Our clients consist of leading local and international banks and financial services companies as well as new and established international investors and financiers working across all sectors of the Ghanaian economy.
- Legal counsel to leading Ghanaian bank with respect to structuring and negotiating a GHS 5 billion Debt refinancing programme with the Government of Ghana. This transaction, the first of its kind in Ghana, involved high profile key stakeholders and required in-depth advice on applicable laws and enforcement rights.
- Local legal counsel to lenders on a USD780 million refinancing facility for the Cape Three Points FPSO, awarded as the IFN Africa Deal for that the Year.
- Acted as local legal counsel to Hungarian Eximbank in respect of its multimillion US Dollar financing of a wastewater treatment plant.
Provided advice to a leading bank in respect of a multimillion dollar loan facility granted by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) and related quasi-security issues in connection therewith.
- Advising a consortium of lenders led by Rand Merchant Bank in respect of a USD122 million financing of a Ghana Ports and Harbours expansion project.
- Legal Advisors to Société Générale in respect of a ground-breaking transaction involving a sale of a number of its branches in Ghana as going concerns, to HFC Bank (Ghana) Ltd (now known as Republic Bank (Ghana) Ltd).
- Legal counsel to Zeepay Ghana Limited, a leading mobile financial services and payment systems company. We assisted the company to obtain the first licence issued by the Bank of Ghana under the new Payment Systems and Services Act, 2019 (Act 987).